An American Youth Foundation Adult Retreat | September 15 to 18, 2022
Aligning with the AYF’s value of continuous learning, adults 21 and older are invited to participate in a four-day Spark retreat. The Spark retreat is an expanded version of previous AYF offerings like Living Your Mission or Living Your Purpose.
During our time together, we will participate in scheduled sessions/workshops, personal reflection, small group and community-wide experiential programs, and enough unscheduled time to fully absorb the beauty of Miniwanca. Participants will experience a retreat with with tangible takeaways with opportunities to reflect, connect, relax, and rejuvenate in a safe, fun, and welcoming environment.
All are welcome.
- Previous experience with AYF programs is not required. The content will be tailored for those in the adult phase of life, and all participants ages 21 and older are welcome.
- As with all AYF programs, we believe in the power and importance of the full expression of all individuals. We enthusiastically welcome people of all identities, beliefs, life experiences, and abilities, and we are committed to reducing any barriers that may prevent your full participation.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 15
3 to 5 p.m. ET
- Arrival at Miniwanca
- Welcome dinner
- Opening evening session
Friday, September 16 and Saturday, September 17
- Early risers activity
- Call to community, reflection, meditation
- Morning workshops
- Afternoon camp time (low ropes, crafts, growth initiatives, free time and more)
- Evening activities: happy hours, fire circles, beach reflection, dance, Share Show, tea time
Sunday, September 18
- Community closing circle
- Departure at 10 a.m. ET
Speakers | Darrell Jones
Darrell Jones is a minister, spiritual director, and mindfulness coach who brings 20 years of personal practice and over 14 years of professional experience inspiring, teaching, and coaching individuals, spiritual communities, and business groups to begin and maintain spiritual practices to deepen connection with life.
Darrell has experienced many years of Miniwanca programming. He went from young camper to becoming a leader and support staff member to a National Leadership Conference participant. For one season, Darrell was the Boys Camp waterfront coordinator, opening the docks for Polar Bear, teaching swimming lessons, and providing lifeguard support during waterfront events on Lake Michigan and Stony Lake.
The mental, physical, and emotional challenges of AYF programming is one of the pillar influences on who he is today. The community created every summer is something that he continues to long for. He is so excited to be a part of the Spark community this year!
To encourage greater equity around our offerings, tuition is offered on a sliding scale. There is no application process for discounted tuition. Simply choose the payment that works for you. Register online.
- $150: community-supported pricing for those facing financial or other hardships
- $250: standard pricing is the set cost
- $300+: pay-it-forward pricing helps cover others in your program
- Please contribute if you’d like to make a tax-deductible donation to support this work.