Creating a fundraiser on Facebook is an easy way to support the AYF on GivingTuesday, and any goal amount is greatly appreciated. Here’s how to create a fundraiser, step by step.
1. Click here to start and select “Create a Fundraiser.”
2. Fill out the form that pops up, making sure the American Youth Foundation is the beneficiary of your fundraiser. Include how much money you’d like to raise (any amount is greatly appreciated!), and select Dec. 2, 2020 as the end date of your GivingTuesday fundraiser. Click “Next.”
3. You can change the title of your fundraiser if you’d like. We recommend something clear and simple, like “Catherine’s GivingTuesday Fundraiser for the American Youth Foundation.” You can also share your personal AYF story or just use the text we’ve provided for you. Once you’re happy with your title and story, click “Next.”
4. You can change the cover photo to one of your favorite AYF memories or simply use one of the photos we’ve provided for you. Once you’re satisfied with your photo, click “Create.”
5. Now it’s time to share your fundraiser with your Facebook friends! On the next screen, click “Get Started” to invite your Facebook friends to contribute to your fundraiser. Select “Invite” next to name to send a request to contribute. You can invite as many Facebook friends as you want. Once you’ve invited everyone you’d like, click the X at the top right of the pop-up box.
6. Now share your Facebook fundraiser on your personal timeline. Fill in the text box just as you would your Facebook status, telling others why you want to raise money for the AYF on GivingTuesday. When you’re happy with your text, click “Post.” On the following screen, you can kick off your fundraiser with your own a donation, if you’d like.
7. You’re all done! Facebook will end your fundraiser on the scheduled day and make sure the donations are sent to the AYF.
If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to email to communications manager Catherine Klene at email@example.com, and she’ll do her best to help!
Thank you so much for helping spread the word about the AYF’s mission! Now more than ever, youth need our programs, and this world needs our youth. Your Facebook fundraiser will provide scholarship support for children who attend programs at our beautiful Miniwanca and Merrowvista campuses as we take on the extraordinary cost associated with operation during a pandemic.
Thank you for your support!