Communications and Office Specialist
Communications and Office Specialists write daily blog posts, create frequent social media posts, assist with camper family email communications, and write longer articles for the AYF monthly email newsletter. They also assist with daily incoming and outgoing mail and packages, organize and distribute camper family emails, and answer phones.
- Write and upload daily blog posts documenting life at camp to WordPress.
- Draft at least three social media posts each week for all Merrowvista social platforms.
- Work with Communications Manager to write and schedule email summer family email communications .
- Write at least two longer articles for Founder Sparks the AYF email newsletter.
- Assist with daily incoming and outgoing mail and packages, as well as organize and distribute camper family emails.
- Answer phones prepared to deal with camp procedural questions, where to direct questions about specific camper situations, and handle parents who may be nervous, concerned, or hostile.
- Track and monitor the use of camp radios, cameras, speakers, projectors and other AV equipment, and ensure devices are in good working order and are ready for use and inventoried and stored at the end of the season.
- Help prepare for Opening and Closing Days of each session, including preparation of programmatic paperwork such as evaluations, camper letters to self, and staff bios.
- Promptly discuss any difficult situations that arise in camper or staff relationships and other areas of concern with the site or Camp Program Director.
- Establish personal and professional goals for the summer and work toward those goals.
- Successfully complete all job functions, including written reports, and other duties as assigned.
- Encourage leadership development, healthy community living, Best Self practices and balanced Four-Fold growth according to the philosophy of AYF by instruction and example.
- Protect the safety and health of campers by adhering to community expectations and following all policies and procedures outlined in the Staff Handbook, including our alcohol-, drug-, and tobacco-free camp policy and AYF COVID-19 Staff Eligibility and Expectations.
- Fully participate in and be present at all community activities and staff training.
- Strong long-form and short-form written communication skills.
- Basic office management skills, including experience with Microsoft office and phone etiquette.
- Strong emotional and mental health. Must be adaptable and exhibit good judgement.
- Effective communication with youth participants and adult staff across a wide range of identities and backgrounds. Ability to foster positive relationships.
- Ability to understand, promote, actively include, and work effectively with diverse perspectives and identities.
- Thorough understanding of critical issues shaping the lives of young people in the U.S., especially racial and gender equity, inclusivity, justice, ethics, and cultural competency.
Vision for All AYF Employees
- Show commitment to the AYF Core Values of investing in youth, stewarding the environment, enkindling inner sparks, belonging in community, and growing together.
- Support the organization’s mission, vision, and ethics by displaying the following behaviors:
- Integrity, openness, and honesty, listening and understanding, giving, and receiving constructive feedback, seeking a balance between personal and professional lives, dependability, and accountability.
- Adhere to all policies and guidelines as described in the AYF employee handbook.
- Position is located at Merrowvista in Center Tuftonboro, New Hampshire. The Merrowvista site necessitates the ability to move through rugged terrain.
- Communications Specialist will live onsite during staff training and during the two camp sessions. Housing and all meals are provided.
Education, Experience, or Certifications
- Must be 21 or older and one year post-high school graduation experience
- Strong communication and writing experience required (ideally journalism, marketing, PR, or other communications classes or experience)
- Experience working with children, adolescents and/or young adults preferred
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid (training available for accepted applicants)
- Weekly pay: $500
- Communication Specialist will receive one day off for every six days worked.