Miniwanca Facilities Assistant
The American Youth Foundation inspires people to discover and develop their personal best, to seek balance in mental, physical, social, and spiritual living and to make a positive difference in their communities and in the wider world.
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for the upkeep and improvement of the facility, including ongoing custodial, grounds, and maintenance duties, and preventive custodial and maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
- Conduct routine custodial rounds of buildings and grounds, identifying areas in need of greater attention and completing cosmetic care and cleaning of all buildings
- General upkeep of the grounds, including mowing, raking, brush removal and snow removal.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment that promotes sound risk management practices
- Assist in supervision of seasonal facility staff and provide site support to promote and enhance programs conducted at the site.
Preferred Minimum Education, Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and 2 to 3 years cleaning experience in a camp, hotel, or institutional setting
- Hands-on general electrical, plumbing, construction, and vehicle maintenance experience
- Previous supervisory experience and experience working in youth environment
Analytical and Interpersonal Skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, service-oriented team player
- Ability to interact cooperatively with staff and participants through written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, innovative, problem solver, safety conscious.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and responsibilities.
- Basic computer skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, work at heights, and get in close spaces
- Able to walk/hike in diverse terrain in all temperatures and weather conditions of a four-season climate
- Operate vehicles and various mechanical equipment, as well as use general custodial equipment and cleaning materials
- Evening and weekend work required during peak program season
Vision for all AYF Employees
- Support the organization’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Follow guidelines and policies as described in AYF employee handbook.
Competitive salary and benefits package are available, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement package
- Family accommodations during on-site required living periods
- Tuition discounts for dependents
To apply, email resume to Director of Operations Griffin Vogler at email@example.com.
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
The American Youth Foundation enthusiastically welcomes staff and participants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. AYF seeks to continually assess our practices through a broad lens of cultural competency and is committed to taking action and changing for the better of all. We are firmly committed to maintaining a work atmosphere in which people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally, and all are highly encouraged to apply.
Recognizing the full value of all, the American Youth Foundation affords equal opportunity for employment and program participation to all individuals on the basis of merit and / or eligibility without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, familiar status, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.