Entering grade 10
Adventurers continue their Four Trails program and will embark on at least one outcamping experience. Our days are intentional, designed to develop best self, encourage balanced living, and help campers create a positive community.
2022 Four Trails Details
2022 Four Trails will be different than previous years due to the ongoing pandemic. Our camp community’s health and safety are our top priority, and all Four Trails plans are subject to change due to circumstances beyond our control.
We are confident these experiences will provide all the challenge, community, personal growth, and fun your camper expects on a Four Trails trip, even if the routes take us new places.
Adventurers will continue along their Four Trails progression, allowing for appropriate challenges, skill building, and independence. They will
- Embark on a five- to six-day hiking trip in the beautiful Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
- Expand their knowledge of Leave No Trace outdoor ethics.
- Learn outcamping skills such as cooking with camp stoves, backcountry camping, and water purification.
- Explore Merrowvista’s vast acreage while onsite, improving their canoeing, overnight camping, and hiking skills.
- Enjoy Interest Groups tailored to the interests and skills of teenage campers.
- Give back to the community through a service-learning project.
- Participate in mixed-gender Villages for activities and on trips (housing and sleeping arrangements will be separated by gender).
Upon arrival to camp, Merrowvista staff will conduct an extensive pre-trip evaluation to make sure all participants are physically and mentally prepared for trail life. A camper’s trip plans may be altered after individual assessment.
To best prepare for the physical demands of their Four Trails experience, Merrowvista will provide a pre-trip training plan with the 2022 Family Resources in the spring. We strongly encourage your camper to review and adhere to this plan to ensure the safest, most enjoyable Four Trails trip.
Summer 2022 registration is now open. Programs are filled on a first come, first served basis (pending medical review), and waitlists will be created when programs fill.
2022 Dates & Tuition
Session A (Three Weeks)
Dates: July 3 to July 22
Session B (Three Weeks)
Dates: July 24 to Aug. 12
SCHOLARSHIP AND FINANCIAL AID
The AYF is committed to making summer camp accessible to all youth. As a nonprofit foundation fueled by generous donations from our alumni and families, the AYF offsets the price of every program for every participant. AYF also offers generous full scholarships and need-based financial aid.
“Every summer my son returns having made a palpable leap in maturity. Sometimes the progress he's made comes out in a conversation where he expresses a belief system that has no doubt been influenced by the wonderful values reinforced at camp. We use 'best self' as shorthand for asking if behavior is in line with values, and when I ask, 'Are you being your best self right now?' That usually sparks some reflection.”
– Merrowvista Camper Parent